When you use the code app for various services, you will always need your Nordea user ID. Approve the login with the code app, a PIN or fingerprint/face recognition if you have switched this functionality on in the settings of the app. Remember to check that the request for approval is correct.
Some service providers use an intermediation service. You are then asked to approve in the code app the login to the intermediation service in question (such as suomi.fi) and not to the service itself (such as Kela). The use of the intermediation service is secure and corresponds to strong identification.
Tip: If the code app does not ask you to approve the login in connection with a login attempt, make sure that you have entered your Nordea user ID correctly for the service.
- Open Nordea Mobile and enter your user ID.
- Select “Log in with the code app”.
- If the code app is on the same device as Nordea Mobile, the app will open automatically and ask “Want to log in to Nordea Mobile?”
- Approve the login with your PIN or fingerprint or face recognition.
- You will be automatically taken back to Nordea Mobile and you can start using the services. When you confirm payments, you will be automatically taken to the code app in which you confirm the transactions with your PIN.
- Open the login page of Netbank.
- Select the code app as the authentication method, enter your user ID and tap OK.
- Open the code app.
- The app will ask you “Want to log in to Netbank for personal customers?”
- Approve the login with your PIN, fingerprint or face recognition.
- You have now logged in to Netbank and can start using the services.
- When confirming payments or other transactions, open the code app again and confirm the transaction with your PIN or use biometric authentication.
Use of the code app for third-party online services
The code app is a means of strong identification (e-identification) with which you can log in to Kela’s or the Tax Administration’s services, for example. Please note that the adoption of strong identification, i.e. the e-identification service, requires a personal visit to a Nordea branch. Remember to take your passport or identity card with you to the branch.
How to log in to third-party services:
- Open the service to which you want to log in.
- Select Nordea logotype on the login page.
- Select the code app as the means of authentication.
- Enter your user ID.
- Open the code app and approve the login.
- Go back to the online service to start using the services.
When you are making purchases in online stores that have joined the MasterCard Secure Code or Verified by Visa service providing you with secure payments, the service authenticates both the buyer and the merchant at the time of the purchase.
The code app provides an easy way to confirm your online purchases. After entering your card details for the service, you will be taken to the authentication page on which you enter your user ID. After this, open the code app and confirm your purchase with the PIN or biometric authentication.
The information you entered will not be intermediated to the merchant that will only get confirmation of a successful authentication and can thereby approve your payment.