Mobile payment – pay with your phone or wearable
Mobile payment is a quick, easy and secure means of payment at stores and online. Add your Nordea card to your smartphone, smartwatch or other smart device and you can shop flexibly wherever you are.
Start paying with your phone in four easy steps:
1. Download the payment app
Check if your phone has the Apple Wallet or Google Wallet app installed. If it hasn’t been installed already, you can download it from your app store.
2. Add your Nordea card
Log in to Nordea Mobile. Select your card > Details or Settings > Add to Apple Wallet/Google Pay. Confirm with your Nordea ID app.
3. Start paying
You can pay with your phone both in stores and online. In stores, tap your phone on the payment terminal to make a contactless payment – including payments of more than 50 euros!
4. Manage your settings
The geographical restrictions and security limits you have set for your physical card also apply to mobile payments. You can easily adjust the settings in Nordea Mobile or Netbank.
Benefits of mobile payments
Mobile payments are a secure means of payment that is always at your fingertips.
Carry your card on your phone
- Leave your plastic card at home and pay with your phone or other smart device wherever you are – in stores, restaurants or public transportation.
- Mobile payments work abroad as well. All you need to do is to set the right geographical restriction for your card in Nordea Mobile or Netbank.
Easy and convenient payment
- You can make contactless payments exceeding 50 euros with your smartphone.
- Online shopping is quicker when you use mobile payment. You only need to enter your payment details in the app once.
Secure way to pay
- The number of your payment card is never saved to your phone or smart device and it is not disclosed to the merchant during the payment transaction. A virtual version of your card is created in the payment app and its information is kept secure.
- You can confirm payments with Touch ID, Face ID or your PIN, depending on your device.
- If your phone is lost, you can block your virtual card and continue to use the physical card normally.
Order a new credit card from Nordea – you can pay with it using your mobile phone even before the physical card arrives.Discover Nordea’s credit cards
Payment apps in smartwatches and other wearables
You can add your Nordea payment card to smartwatches, jewellery and keyfobs that enable contactless payments. Check out the different alternatives:
Paying with a watch
Apple Pay can be used through an Apple Watch. To activate it, you need to have the Wallet app on your iPhone.
You can use Google Pay with smartwatches equipped with Google’s Wear OS payment support. Google Pay on smartwatches works with iOS and Android phones.
You can use Samsung Pay on a Samsung smartwatch, such as a Samsung Galaxy Watch or Samsung Gear. To start using Samsung Pay, you will also need a Samsung phone for linking your Nordea card to your smartwatch.
Garmin Pay allows you to link your Nordea card to your Garmin sports watch.
Nordea cards are compatible with Fitbit smartwatches and activity trackers. Check whether your Fitbit device supports Fitbit Pay.
TAPSTER is a Swedish maker of contactless wearables, including stylish contactless payment watches.