What should I consider when opening banking services for my child?
The guardians of a minor can open banking services for the child online. The guardians can be either the child’s parents or another person who has been appointed as the guardian. The guardians decide on applying for services for a minor together, so both guardians need to approve the application. A single parent with sole custody can open banking services for a minor without the other parent’s approval.
What you’ll need to apply:
- Your child’s name must be recorded in the Finnish Population Information System before you can open services for them online.
- The guardian filling in the application must be a Nordea customer and have Nordea access codes. The other guardian needs Nordea access codes or online banking codes from another Finnish bank.
- Both guardians need a passport or identity card with a photo issued in Finland and a Finnish mobile phone number.
- Your child needs a passport or identity card with a photo issued in Finland and a Finnish mobile phone number if you’re applying for a card or Nordea access codes for them.
- If you don’t meet the above requirements, please contact usOpens new window to apply for services for your child.