Know why you should make your online payments with a credit card?
Online shopping is something many of us do frequently. Paying with a credit card has many benefits which provide security and flexibility for online payments in particular. You will not get the same security and flexibility if you pay by invoice.
The product I ordered did not arrive
"I ordered a jacket from an online store, but it has not arrived even though it has been many weeks. I have contacted the seller, but to no avail."
Since the online purchase was paid with a credit card, the customer can dispute the transaction by filing a complaint with the bank. The customer should dispute the card transaction and send the order confirmation and contact to the seller as attachments so that a potential breach of the agreement on the seller's part can be confirmed.
ABC of safe online payments
- Check that the URL starts with “https” and displays a padlock icon in the browser bar to ensure the website is secure.
- Read the delivery and service terms and conditions of the online shop carefully. If the website doesn’t have any information about the seller, doesn’t allow returns or charges exceptionally high costs, find a different shop.
- If you haven’t bought anything from the same online shop before, pay with credit so that your purchases are covered by statutory protection in case the seller doesn’t fulfil their commitments.
- Secure websites use verified solutions such as Visa Secure and Mastercard Identity Check for encryption and authentication of card purchases. This is done to verify the identity of both the buyer and the seller when a transaction is made.
- Start using strong authentication.
- If you don’t receive a product or a service you bought online, contact the seller first. If you can’t settle the matter with them, file a card complaint with your bank and request a refund.