The QR code allows you to use the code app on several devices
We recommend that you do not rely on just one code app. You should also have it activated on another device or have the code calculator ready to ensure you can continue banking even if your phone breaks, for instance. You can
• download the code app to your smartphone and tablet
• add your user profile to your spouse’s code app, for example.
If you have the code app on one device, such as your smartphone, you can use it to activate the code app on another device, such as your tablet. You can do this easily with a QR code – no separate activation codes needed.
How to add a user profile to the code app
You can add more than one user profile to the same code app.
- Open the code app on the device to which you want to add a user profile.
- Open the settings and select “Add user”.
- Follow the “Activation with a QR code” instructions from section 4 onwards.
Activation with a QR code
From an old device to a new one
- Download the code app on a new device from your app store.
- Make sure that both your old and new device have the latest code app version and that both your devices have a network connection. You can obtain a network connection either with mobile data (SIM card), a wireless network (wi-fi) or by sharing a network connection from another device.
- Check what the latest code app version is from the app store of your device. You can find out the app version by opening the code app and selecting Instructions: the version number is shown at the bottom of the page. You should activate the automatic updating for the code app in the settings of your smart device to make sure that you are always using the latest app version.
- Open the code app on your new device and select your customer group.
- Select "Nordea Finland".
- Select the language in which you want to use the code app.
- Select “Personal customer”.
- Select “Activate on this device” and follow the instructions in the app.
- Log in to your old device.
- Select the user for whom you want to activate the code app on the new device.
- Select “Activate on another device”.
- Enter your Nordea access codes and the PIN for the app.
- The app now creates a QR code with which you can activate the code app on another device.
- Go back to your new device and read the QR code from the old device with the camera of the new device.
- Once the QR code has been read, you are prompted to create a PIN and to give a name to your user profile. T
- he code app has now been activated and you can close your old device.
Video on how to activate the code app on another device.