Power of attorney
You can authorise another person to represent you or act on your behalf with a specified power of attorney. We recommend that you use our power of attorney template in matters related to an estate, as this will make it easier to handle the affairs of the estate and provide us with the information we need. The affairs of an estate cannot be handled with an open power of attorney. Every party to the estate must provide an identical authorisation for the power of attorney to be valid.
Please send us the power of attorney via Nordea Omaposti. Select “Estate documents” as the topic of your message.
The person authorised by the parties to the estate can begin to manage the estate’s affairs with Nordea once the administrator of the estate has been notified that the parties to the estate have been established and all the parties have provided a specified power of attorney.
Actions that require authorisation from all the parties include:
- distributing the cash funds between the parties to the estate
- adding the estate’s account to a party’s Netbank
- selling shares and fund units
- emptying a safe deposit box
- obtaining a housing share deed kept on a security account
- paying personal debts from the estate’s account
- closing account agreements and other services