Student loan in a nutshell
A student loan will help you fund your student life and allow you to focus on what matters the most – your studies.
- Apply for an affordable student loan from us as soon as you have been granted a loan guarantee by Kela.
- Since the student loan is state-guaranteed, you won’t need any other security for the loan.
- As a Nordea customer you can apply for a student loan easily online or in mobile bank. Your application will be processed within 1–3 banking days.
- The amount of the student loan is 300–650 euros a month, as stated in Kela’s student financial aid decision. You can choose to draw down your student loan in instalments or for the whole academic year in one go.
- You need to reapply for a student loan each academic year. If you already have a student loan and want to renew it for a new academic year, you should apply for a raise to your old loan. Submit your application by filling in Nordea’s student loan application.
- The repayment of student loans usually begins 1.5–2 years after the payment of student financial aid ends. We will always tailor a flexible repayment schedule to your needs, taking into account your student loan amount, personal circumstances and repayment ability.
- When you complete your first university degree within the set time and your outstanding loan amount is at least 2,500 euros, Kela will pay back part of your student loan as student loan compensation.