Take advantage of FlexiPayment
Most housing loans with Nordea include a feature that allows you to reduce or increase the monthly instalments on your loan or skip some of them altogether. Check your repayment schedule to see if you have FlexiPayment and adjust your monthly instalments conveniently in Nordea Mobile or Netbank without having to consult the bank!
Watch a video to see how FlexiPayment works
Using the free-of-charge FlexiPayment is the easiest way to take an instalment-free period.
- Check in Nordea Mobile or Netbank if FlexiPayment is attached to your loan. FlexiPayment allows you to have an instalment-free period right away. This information is included in your housing loan details, which you can view in Nordea Mobile or Netbank.
- If FlexiPayment is not attached to your loan, you can add it by applying for a change to your loan.
- If neither of the above-mentioned options is suitable for you, you can apply for an instalment-free period for your loan. The easiest way to apply is to do it in Nordea Mobile or Netbank. We apply normal credit-granting procedures to FlexiPayment and instalment-free periods.
How to use FlexiPayment in the new Nordea Netbank
- You can see the next monthly payment of your loan in Nordea Netbank 14 days prior to the due date, at the latest.
- You can check the FlexiPayment amount available to you by choosing the loan under Finances > Loans. The available amount is shown in the details of the next payment in the ‘Minimum FlexiPayment’ field.
- To change the repayment, click ‘Overview’ from the top menu and then ‘Upcoming payments’ in the ‘Payment status’ box in the top right corner. You need to make the change by 23.00 on the day preceding the original due date of the repayment. If the original due date of the repayment is on a Saturday and the debiting is automatically postponed until Monday, please note that you need to make the change by 23.00 on Friday.
- If the original due date of the repayment is on a Sunday and the debiting is automatically postponed until Monday, you need to make the change by 23.00 on Saturday.
- Under your upcoming payments, click the three dots beside the monthly loan payment and select Edit.
- Change the repayment amount and confirm the payment.
- When you are notified that the payments are confirmed, click OK.
- If you first select Save, remember to confirm the change separately. If you do not confirm the change, the monthly payment will not be paid.
Questions and answers about FlexiPayment and instalment-free periods
- What is the difference between FlexiPayment and an instalment-free period?
- I’m applying for FlexiPayment with my spouse. How can my spouse confirm the application?
- I already have FlexiPayment. Can I increase its amount?
- I already have FlexiPayment. Can I also obtain an instalment-free period?
- How long can I have a repayment holiday with FlexiPayment?
- When will the instalment-free period I applied for become valid?
- What should I do if, on the day preceding the due date, my loan repayment appears that it will be charged despite the fact that I made my application before the repayment appeared on my payments falling due?
- Will my instalment-free period take effect before the next loan repayment due date?