Banking services that you can open online for a child:
- Disposal Account and Nordea Electron card
Good to know: If you order a Visa Electron card for your child online, a new current account will automatically be opened and the card will be attached to this account. If your child already has a current account to which you want to attach a new card, please order the card by calling Nordea Customer Service.
- PerkAccount for savings
- Access codes for Mobile Bank and Netbank use
Good to know: The e-identification with which the child (if under 15 years of age) can log in to a third party’s services, such as Kela’s pages, must be activated at a branch. If a minor visits a branch alone, they will need a power of attorney from their parents. Customers who have turned 15 may activate the e-identification feature required for their online banking codes without their guardians’ permission when they themselves have opened an account and a Netbank agreement for their own income.
The guardians agree jointly on the opening of an account and services for an underage child. By law, the approval of both guardians is needed for the application unless one of the parents has single guardianship. The parents agree jointly on the user right to the account. The parent who fills in the application must be a Finnish citizen. The parent accepting the application must have valid online banking codes either from Nordea, Danske Bank, Osuuspankki, Ålandsbanken, Aktia or S Bank.
Note! At present, there is a backlog in the opening of services for children in our online service due to high demand. Please note that it may take more than a week before the services you have opened become available.
How to open banking services online for a child:
1. Log in with Nordea’s access codes.
For the application, you need:
- a passport or an identity card with a photo (driving licence not accepted)
- the child's passport or identity card with a photo if you select card or netbank
- the child’s mobile phone number (opening of a card or Netbank service)
- the other guardian’s mobile phone number
2. Please fill in the child’s information and select the banking services for him or her.
3. The other guardian will receive an SMS and confirm the application.The other guardian needs:
- access codes – do not have to be Nordea's
- a passport, an identity card with a photo or a driving licence
This phase is unnecessary if the guardian has single guardianship.