How to solve problems with your card
If you’re unable to pay with your credit card online or your debit card is not working at a store checkout, you can change your card settings easily and quickly yourself. Check out our tips and instructions!
Check the available balance on your account and credit
- Check the balance of your bank or credit account. You can see your card information in mobile bank and Netbank and in the Wallet app. You can also check the balance of your bank account or credit transactions at an ATM. A fee will be charged for a balance query made at an ATM; see our tariffOpens new window.
- The spending limit of a parallel credit card determines how much credit the parallel card holder can use during an invoicing period. The principal cardholder can agree on raising the spending limit by calling Nordea Customer Service and identifying themselves with their access codes, or through the chat in mobile bank or Netbank. As for the balance on your credit card, note that a repayment of the credit may take a few days before it is shown on the account.
Check the geographical usage area of your card
- Check the usage area of your payment card in mobile bank or Netbank. The use of all new cards will automatically be restricted to Europe.
- If you have a combination card, the usage area is applied to the credit facility and debit feature of your card.
- Changing the usage area is free of charge. You can change your usage area yourself in Netbank or mobile bank or in the OmaLuotto service.
Check that you have activated online payments.
- If you wish to use your card for online purchases, you must activate online payments.
- You can change your card's online settings easily and quickly yourself in Nordea’s Netbank or mobile bank. You can make changes free of charge.