How the war in Ukraine is currently affecting banking – Questions and answers
On this page, we will tell you more about how the war in Ukraine is currently affecting banking. We are monitoring the situation closely and will update this page regularly.
- I have arrived in Finland from Ukraine. Can I open banking services even though I don’t have an international passport?
- Should I keep more money in cash than usual?
- Does the war in Ukraine affect Nordea’s banking services?
- Visa and Mastercard have announced they are suspending operations in Russia. How will this affect Nordea’s cards?
- Is it still possible to make payments to and from Russia and Belarus?
- What are the potential impacts on customers in Finland if Russia is disconnected from the Swift system?
- I’m a Russian citizen living in Finland and banking with Nordea. Can I use my banking services in Finland as usual?
- I want to help by donating. How do I do it safely?
- I’m new to Finland. How do I open the banking services I need?