This accessibility statement applies to Nordea Bank Abp’s Netbank at https://solo1.nordea.fi/. The service is subject to the Finnish Act on the Provision of Digital Services, which requires our digital services to meet accessibility requirements. This website was published on 25 October 2022. The accessibility of the service has been evaluated by an external specialist organisation. This accessibility statement was prepared on 30 March 2021 based on the evaluation.
Accessibility of the digital service
The service is partially compliant with the A and AA level accessibility criteria (WCAG 2.1) required by law. The identified gaps in accessibility are described below in more detail.
The website is not fully compliant with the requirements in all respects.
Content outside of the scope of the accessibility regulations:
The service may include files created using standard office software and published before 1 January 2021, which means they are not required by law to be accessible.
Some content and functionalities are not accessible because correcting them would impose a disproportionate burden. A new version of the service is available at https://netbank.nordea.fi/. Below is a list of the shortcomings we are aware of.
- A screen reader will skip all images in the service because they have been marked decorative. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- The service may include files which have been created using standard office software and published after 1 January 2021 but which are not accessible to a screen reader. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- Some pages are missing H1 headings and the heading structure is inconsistent in some places. Some pages have empty heading tags with no content. Some headings in the service are not identified with heading tags. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- Tables are used for page layout, which means there are empty rows, columns and cells in the service. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- The contrast ratio between some of the text colours and the background does not meet the requirements. (WCAG 1.4.3)
- The website does not fully support zooming in. Flipping the content vertically may also require horizontal scrolling. (WCAG 1.4.10)
- All functionalities are not operable with a keyboard only. (WCAG 2.1.1)
- Users are not able to open a separate calendar element using their keyboard only.
- Users are only partially able to use the card designing feature with their keyboard and some of the content (such as the instructions) is not accessible to a screen reader.
- When the user has selected a recipient in the payment details, they are not able to edit or delete the recipient details or scan a bar code using their keyboard.
- The website does not allow the user to skip repetitive content. (WCAG 2.4.1)
- Some pages do not have unique titles. (WCAG 2.4.2)
- Moving focus to some pop-up windows requires the user to first go through the entire page with their keyboard or screen reader. (WCAG 2.4.3)
- Some links do not have proper descriptions. (WCAG 2.4.4)
- The file type and file size of attachments are not announced.
- Some link texts are not very descriptive.
- Some images which are used as links may lack descriptions or have different descriptions than link texts that lead to the same content.
- Some anchor links are missing descriptions.
- The human language used in some individual links is not identified correctly. (WCAG 1.4.2)
- Some buttons that are presented as images do not have text alternatives. (WCAG 4.1.2)
- After saving, focus moves to the top of the page and the success message is not announced by assistive technologies. (WCAG 4.1.3)
- When an error occurs, focus sometimes moves to the top of the page and the error message is not announced by assistive technologies. (WCAG 4.1.3)
- When search results are loading, the screen shows a spinning icon but this is not announced by assistive technologies. (WCAG 4.1.3)
- When the user is informed of a session timeout in a pop-up window, this is not announced by assistive technologies. (WCAG 4.1.3)
Did you find accessibility difficulties in our digital services? If you did not find an answer in our accessibility statement regarding the service, please send us feedback.
If you notice accessibility issues with the site, first provide feedback to us, the site administrator. The response can take 14 days. If you are not satisfied with the answer you have received or do not receive a reply at all within two weeks, you can report it to the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland. The website of the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland explains in detail how the notification can be made and how the matter is handled.
Contact details of the supervisory authority
Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland
Accessibility Control Unit
telephone number exchange 0295 016 000