This accessibility statement applies to the Nordea Business Mobile service in Finland. The service is subject to Finnish Act on the Provision of Digital Services requiring digital services to meet accessibility requirements. This accessibility statement is published on 22.6.2021. The accessibility of the service has been assessed by Nordea itself.
Accessibility status of the digital service
Nordea Business Mobile service in Finland meets partially the accessibility requirements. This accessibility statement will be updated when gaps have been closed.
Inaccessible content of the digital service
The service is not yet fully compliant in the following identified areas.
1.3.1 Info and Relationships:
- The cost hierarchy is difficult to understand with the screen reader.
1.4.1 Use of Color:
- Some of the elements should have other indicators than color.
1.4.3 Contrast (Minimum):
- The grey color in some parts of the text in the forms does not have sufficient contrast ratio. The text should have a contrast ratio of at least 4.5:1.
1.4.11 Non-text Contrast:
- The light grey and light blue colors in some parts of the text in the forms do not have sufficient contrast ratio. The text should have a contrast ratio of at least 3:1.
2.2.1 Timing Adjustable:
- When a new recipient has been added and the user returns to the Manage recipients page, a success pop-up disappears before the screen reader has time to read it.
2.4.1 Bypass Blocks:
- Bypass blocks missing.
- In some of the menus, the order of focus goes first to the top menu, then the bottom menu and only then to the actual page content.
2.4.3 Focus Order:
Some elements are not accessible with the screen reader:
- Some icons are missing focus and are not readable with the screen reader.
- Some buttons are missing focus.
- Some check boxes are missing focus.
The screen reader doesn’t read numbers (and currencies):
- The screen reader does not always read numbers and the numbers cannot be focused in some of the functionalities.
2.4.6 Headings and Labels:
- Some image buttons are missing descriptive accessibility names or the names are misleading.
- On some pages, heading levels are skipped and, on some pages, headings are not marked as headings.
2.4.7 Focus Visible:
- There are problems with focus control in some of the drop-down menus.
- Keyboard focus does not stay inside the elements and the drop-down menus do not close when there is no focus on the element.
- Keyboard focus does not stay inside a pop-up window.
3.2.4 Consistent Identification:
- It’s sometimes difficult to understand if a text is a heading, a link or a button, and the functionalities should have more consistent identification.
- Tab elements have been marked as buttons.
- Check box elements are read as buttons and their state is not expressed.
- Drop-down elements have been marked as buttons.
- Some button elements haven’t been marked as buttons.
4.1.2 Name, Role, Value:
- Some tables are missing descriptive accessibility names.
- Some image buttons are missing descriptive accessibility names.
- Some image buttons have misleading descriptive accessibility names.
- The screen reader can’t tell if an element has been selected or if its status is open or closed.
Did you find accessibility difficulties in our digital services? If you did not find an answer in our accessibility statement regarding the service, please send us feedback.
If you notice accessibility issues with the site, first provide feedback to us, the site administrator. The response can take 14 days. If you are not satisfied with the answer you have received or do not receive a reply at all within two weeks, you can report it to the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland. The website of the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland explains in detail how the notification can be made and how the matter is handled.
Contact details of the supervisory authority
Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland
Accessibility Control Unit
telephone number exchange 0295 016 000