The Nordea ID app is partially compliant with the accessibility requirements. The target is to have the identified gaps fixed during 2023 and 2024, unless otherwise stated below. The statement will be updated as issues are resolved.
The service is not yet fully compliant in the following identified areas.
1.1.1 Non-text content
- Using a mobile screen reader: some elements have undescriptive names.
1.3.1 Info and relationships
- Using a mobile screen reader: some numbers are not read in an understandable format.
- Using a mobile screen reader: in some cases, large amounts of information in one text make it difficult to understand the content.
- Using a mobile screen reader: in some cases, parts of the descriptions are read twice.
1.3.2 Meaningful sequence
- Using a mobile screen reader: on some views the focus does not automatically move to the most important content.
- Order of the content: on some views the content descriptions come after the content.
- Using a mobile screen reader: in some cases involving a switch element, the focus moves temporarily to a wrong element after the switch has been activated.
1.4.3 Contrast (Minimum)
- On views using the camera, the contrast of the help text may be low, depending on the changing background.
1.4.4 Resize text
- All the title elements do not scale according to the device font size settings.
- In some cases, it is not possible to navigate to an element with a keyboard.
2.2.2 Pause, Stop, Hide
- Messages indicating successful login or confirmation are shown in the app for only a short moment. The user is not able to pause or stop such messages.
2.4.2 Page Titles
- Using a mobile screen reader: on some views the page titles are skipped or misread or the title is undescriptive.
2.4.4 Link Purpose (In Context)
- Some links taking the user outside the app are undescriptive.
3.1.1 Language of Page
• Using a mobile screen reader: the language definitions of the licence information page are incorrect.