This accessibility statement applies to the Nordea Netbank service for personal customers in Finland. The service is subject to Finnish Act on the Provision of Digital Services requiring digital services to meet accessibility requirements. This accessibility statement is published on 21.12.2020 and updated 30.11.2022. The accessibility of the service has been assessed by a third party specializing in accessibility.
Accessibility statement for Nordea Netbank service (new Netbank)
Accessibility status of the digital service
The Nordea Netbank service in Finland meets the accessibility requirements partially. The target is to have the identified gaps fixed during the first half of 2021.
Inaccessible content of the digital service
The service is not yet fully compliant in the following identified areas
1.1.1 Non-text content
- Screen readers read some elements which are decorative.
1.3.1 Info and relationships, Logical structure
- Some long texts are read in one go instead of being pieced for easier screen reader use.
- Some empty lines and spaces are read out by the screen reader.
- Some entry fields are mandatory, and this is read by the screen reader, but it is not indicated to the user not using a screen reader.
1.4.1 Use of Colour
- Some property of an element may be indicated only with the colour of the component.
1.4.3 Contrast (Minimum)
- Some white text is positioned over a white background resulting in zero contrast.
- Some white text is positioned over a light grey background resulting in poor contrast.
- Some light grey text on white or blue background does not have sufficient colour contrast.
- Some white text on yellow info banners does not have sufficient colour contrast.
1.4.4 Resize Text
- Some texts overflow their button boundaries when the font size is increased.
When the screen is minimized to a mobile size, the functionality of the service changes:
- a back arrow appears
- the side feedback option disappears
- the footnote functionality changes
- the list of other services disappears
- some illustrations change
- some buttons and links under ‘Finances’ and ‘Transactions & details’ disappear.
Some elements overflow when the screen is minimized.1.4.11 Non-text Contrast
- Some light blue buttons do not have sufficient colour contrast.
- Some black icons on blue background do not have sufficient colour contrast.
- Some bars of various colours on a grey background do not have sufficient colour contrast.
2.2.1 Timing adjustable
- The suggestion and error popups disappear rapidly in payments.
- The inactivity logout timer appears at the top of the page but it is not announced by the screen reader.
- If the user enters a value to a field so that the value is higher than the maximum value the field accepts, the field will change the entry to the highest possible value, but not inform the user of this change.
2.4.3 Focus order
- Some popups and elements are not accessible when using keyboard only.
- Some tables do not allow sorting when using keyboard only.
- Some text is read when the user is using the TAB key to move through interactive elements.
2.4.6 Headings and labels
- Some heading levels are missing in Services, and Savings and Investments.
- Some headings are not marked as headings in Services.
- Some button texts have truncated words, or words are missing.
- Some check marks are not accessible with the screen reader.
2.4.6 Focus Visible
- The Product licence popup cannot be focused with the keyboard.
3.1.1 Language of Page
- The html pages do not have language assigned.
- When the service is used in Finnish or Swedish, some pages have the language assigned to English.
3.2.4 Consistent Identification
- Some links and buttons appear the same, and it is difficult to distinguish between these two component types.
- Some items are marked as buttons although they are links.
- Buttons that have the same function appear different on different parts of the service.
- The important information icon has several designs, and in some cases, is missing.
- The document type indication for PDF documents has several designs.
- The arrows in carousel components, which allow the user to view more items on either side, have inconsistent functionality.
- Some info buttons only open with a hover action.
- Some external links lack indication that they are external links and open a new browser window outside the service.
- Some links inside FAQ texts are not marked as links.
- There are several different layouts and designs for filter and search functions.
- Tables with the same layout have different functionality depending on the page.
- A table in Vehicle insurance flows over its area.
- Some footnotes have different contents.
- Some sorting buttons are read as black arrows up or down.
- Some forms which contain error do not read out the errors after the user submits the form.
3.3.3 Error Suggestion
- If the user does not have an investment contract, they are presented with an error instead of an information dialog. The same view also contains a Try again button.
4.1.2 Name, Role, Value
- Some button names and abbreviations of country names are not descriptive.
Did you find accessibility difficulties in our digital services? If you did not find an answer in our accessibility statement regarding the service, please send us feedback.
If you notice accessibility issues with the site, first provide feedback to us, the site administrator. The response can take 14 days. If you are not satisfied with the answer you have received or do not receive a reply at all within two weeks, you can report it to the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland. The website of the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland explains in detail how the notification can be made and how the matter is handled.
Contact details of the supervisory authority
Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland
Accessibility Control Unit
telephone number exchange 0295 016 000
www.saavutettavuusvaatimukset.fiOpens new window