This accessibility statement applies to the general sections of the Nordea.fi website with respect to its technical properties as well as its visual and text content. This statement was updated on 2 November 2021. The service is subject to the Finnish Act on the Provision of Digital Services, which requires the websites of credit institutions to be accessible. We have conducted a self-assessment of the accessibility of the service with regard to, among other things, its visual and text content, and the technical properties of the service’s accessibility have been assessed by a service provider specialising in accessibility.
Accessibility status of the digital service
This service is partially compliant with the accessibility requirements. Below is a list of the shortcomings we are aware of in the general content on Nordea.fi. ‘Content’ refers to the texts, images, videos on the Nordea.fi website and to its technical platform. There are accessibility gaps in the attachment files on the Nordea.fi website, and they will be fixed during 2021. Please note that, with current technology, PDF files should mainly be downloaded to your computer in order for screen readers to be able to access them. The website contains, for example, calculators and application forms the accessibility of which may have been assessed in separate statements. The accessibility statements for the separate calculators and forms can be found at Nordea.fi/accessibility. The identified shortcomings are planned to be fixed during 2021, unless stated otherwise. The statement will be updated as issues are resolved.
Inaccessible content of the digital service
The website is not yet fully compliant with the requirements in all respects.
1.1.1 Non-text content:
- Some images and navigation elements lack a text alternative, or a text alternative is presented in the wrong language. Additionally, some pages contain decorative images with a text alternative.
1.2.2 Captions (prerecorded):
- The videos published on the website do not always include captions in the selected language.
1.2.3 Audio description or media alternative (prerecorded):
- The website contains videos that do not include an audio description or a script.
1.3.1 Info and relationships:
- Navigation at the heading level does not proceed in the correct order on all pages.
- There are some shortcomings in the colour contrasts (e.g. in images and navigation elements).
2.4.4 Link purpose (in context):
- The names of some links are not sufficiently descriptive and some image links lack a text alternative.
- Some pages contain a link to the same page.
- The link text in some links is unnecessarily long, causing problems for screen readers.
2.4.6 Headings and labels:
- Some of the website’s headings are not descriptive enough.
3.1.2 Language of parts:
- Since the website does not have a predefined language selection, assistive technologies do not register a change of language.
3.2.4 Consistent identification:
- Breadcrumb navigation is not always consistent.
4.1.2 Name, role, value:
- Some areas, such as the country and payment search tabs, have incomplete names and roles, making them more difficult to access by a screen reader.
Did you find accessibility difficulties in our digital services? If you did not find an answer in our accessibility statement regarding the service, please send us feedback.
If you notice accessibility issues with the site, first provide feedback to us, the site administrator. The response can take 14 days. If you are not satisfied with the answer you have received or do not receive a reply at all within two weeks, you can report it to the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland. The website of the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland explains in detail how the notification can be made and how the matter is handled.
Contact details of the supervisory authority
Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland
Accessibility Control Unit
telephone number exchange 0295 016 000