This accessibility statement applies to the mobile bank and it was published on 30th of June 2021 and updated on 30th of November 2022. The service is subject to the Finnish Act on the Provision of Digital Services, which requires the websites of credit institutions to be accessible. The accessibility of the service has been evaluated by a supplier specialising in accessibility.
Accessibility statement for Nordea’s digital service: mobile bank
Accessibility of the digital service
This service is partially compliant with the accessibility requirements. The identified shortcomings are planned to be fixed during 2021, unless stated otherwise. The statement will be updated as issues are resolved.
Inaccessible content of the digital service
The service is not yet fully compliant in the following identified areas.
1.1.1 Non-text Content (A), Controls and inputs
- In Messages, the screen reader reads the back arrow as Move up.
- When accepting the investment contract, the Accept button description for the screen reader contains four lines of text.
- The notification on/off toggles do not have descriptions of what they toggle on or off.
1.3.1 Info and Relationships (A)
- The Nordea capital illustration image is not marked decorative.
- A new message is announced as ‘one item’ (yksi kohde).
- On the sign-in page, the important information (tärkeää tietoa) dialog is missing a description.
- Some tables are not read as tables.
- Some tables have the first column outside of the table.
- Some tables combine two separate tables.
- Some tables contain references that are not part of the table content.
- Some texts that are structured like a list lack list semantics: bullets are not recognized, and the text is read as one block.
- When the user enters an amount in the card setting that is higher than the maximum amount, the application will use the highest possible amount for this card, but not announce what that amount is unless the user refocuses the field.
- If there are new chat messages, the screen reader will not read the number of these new messages in the chat feedback modal.
- In the Funds portfolio, Investment details, the risk rating numbers 1-7 are read, but the selection is not read.
- When the user reorders items in the edit mode, the changing order of the items is not announced as the user moves an item.
- Long texts such as general terms are sometimes read in one go.
1.4.1 Use of Color (A)
- Some links are indicated only with colour.
1.4.3 Contrast (AA)
In some text pieces, the last line of text may appear dimmed and not meet the minimum contrast ratio requirement.
Some light grey texts do not meet the minimum contrast ratio requirement.
In the edit mode, as the user drags an item to a new location, the text in the item does not meet the minimum contrast ratio requirement.
Some light blue texts do not meet the minimum contrast ratio requirement.
Some light green texts do not meet the minimum contrast ratio requirement.
In some charts, where grey text is placed partly over a green chart, the minimum contrast ratio requirement for text is not met.
For item that gain focus, the grey text together with a light blue focus does not meet the minimum contrast ratio requirement.
1.4.4 Resize Text (AA)
- Some text is shown on top of other text when the font size is enlarged.
- The Card PIN changing view does not fit both the PIN entry component and the OK button on the same screen when the font size is enlarged.
- The texts in some pop-ups are truncated when the font size is enlarged.
- Some text disappears entirely or partly when the font size is enlarged.
1.4.10 Reflow (A)
- While the phone is in landscape mode, the scroll bar may disappear in specific views.
- While the phone is in landscape mode, some calendar views may only show the bottom row of dates partially.
- While the phone is in landscape mode, the screen may only be scrolled from part of the screen in some views.
- While the phone is in portrait mode, some tables may overflow on the right.
1.4.11 Non-text Contrast
- The light blue ring that indicates a button is focused does not meet the minimum contrast ratio requirement for components.
- The light blue stripe that indicates a tab is focused does not meet the minimum contrast ratio requirement for components.
- The light blue circle that indicates a date or button is focused does not meet the minimum contrast ratio requirement for components.
- The light grey circle that indicates the status of a loan does not meet the minimum contrast ratio requirement for components.
- The light green checkmark does not meet the minimum contrast ratio requirement for components.
- The light grey dotted line that indicates the stock price does not meet the minimum contrast ratio requirement for components.
- The bars that indicate card usage, loans, expenses and incomes do not meet the minimum contrast ratio requirement for components.
- Some buttons and toggles do not meet the minimum contrast ratio requirement for components.
2.1.1 Keyboard (A)
- On the iPhone, it is not possible to use the next month button in the calendar component of the messages view while using the screen reader.
2.1.2 No Keyboard Trap (A)
- In the Dispute a transaction flow (Korttireklamaatio) the calendar element cannot be used with the screen reader.
2.2.1 Timing Adjustable (A)
- Some information dialogs are dismissed after a couple of second without user control.
2.4.3 Focus Order (A)
- In the Chat, the user may involuntarily move the focus outside of the chat window.
- Some amounts are read before the names of the accounts to which they refer.
- Some amounts and their textual descriptions are not read in sequence.
- In some cases, similar content is read in a different order.
- Investment risk values are read so that the scale is read after the value.
- The page selection component for the What’s new introduction modal does not support screen reader use.
- In some calendar date picker views, the screen reader will read the names of days on the first row, which is unnecessary, as the day is also read when a date is focused.
- When the names of days are read in the date picker view, they are read in the Finnish abbreviated form, such as ‘ma’, ‘ti’ and ‘ke’, which makes it unnecessarily difficult to hear and understand them.
- PDFs opened inside the application have an illogical reading order.
2.4.4 Link Purpose (A)
- Some links are not marked with an underline.
- Some phone numbers are not marked as links.
- Some links that lead to external websites are not indicated as external links.
- Some links in the Profile are not marked as links but are written as URL texts.
- Some links are not read as links.
2.4.6 Heading and Labels (AA)
- In the step indicator component, the previous steps are not visible on the screen but they are read by the screen reader.
- Some button labels are not descriptive in screen reader use.
- Some headers are missing back arrows.
- Some header texts overflow or are missing.
- Some legal texts and the student loan description text have headings that are not marked as headers.
- Some headings levels under Services (Palvelumme) are skipped.
- Some lists have headings that are not marked as headers.
2.4.7 Focus Visible (AA)
- Some buttons do not get visible focus.
3.1.1 Language of Parts (A)
- The agreements and documents (sopimukset ja asiakirjat) section is read part in Finnish and part in English, if the language of the application is set to Finnish.
- Some buttons, terms texts, toolbars, icons and chat status messages are read in English when the language of the application is set to Finnish.
- Some terms texts, error messages and rating scales are written in English when the language of the application is set to Finnish.
3.2.1 On Focus (A)
- Some information dialogs are dismissed if the user taps the screen outside the dialog.
3.2.4 Consistent Identification (AA)
- Screen readers read dates wrong in the Archive (Aineistot) date picker component.
- Some tables abbreviate Finnish months names in a non-standard way.
- Some buttons are not marked as buttons.
- Some external links that result in opening the browser do not open a confirmation prompt.
- The copy button has two icons and two descriptions although the function is the same.
- In the Payments calendar view, the next/previous month and next/previous year buttons are not disabled when there are no next/previous year.
- Some info texts are not indicated with an info icon, and are placed after the element to which they provide more information.
- There is more than one PDF document icon and indication manner.
- Some error messages are not clear enough or contain abbreviations.
- The year/day selection and the current year/day indication differ from one another in the views where the user sets the year and the day.
- In the rate the app view, the screen reader will read ‘star’ (tähti) when the user has focused and selected one out of five stars. For the second star, it will read ‘2 stars selected’ which is much more descriptive, but not consistent.
- Indention is used in some of layouts to convey the relationship of items. This is not supported on screen reader use, making it impossible to determine such relationships.
- In the investment details for a fund portfolio, the win or loss percentage, as well as the Morningstar evaluation are not read.
- In the investment details for a fund portfolio, for the indented texts, the screen reader will announce a part of the component that carries no data as ‘not in use’ (ei käytössä).
- Some icons that indicate the item will open an external link are not read.
- Some icons that indicate the item carries important information is are not read.
- Some icons that indicate the item is a warning are not read.
- Some icons that indicate the item is selected are not read.
- Some lists that are empty are not announces as empty lists.
- Some titles that are invisible are read.
- Some texts that constitute a single sentence are read as multiple blocks of words.
- The PIN for a card is read even though the instruction says the user should touch the bottom part of the screen for the PIN to be read.
- Some info bars are used to show percentages of e.g. the repaid principal, but these are not provided in written form or read by the screen reader.
- Unread messages are marked bold, but this status is not read by the screen reader.
- The selected due date for a payment is not read in the date picker.
- In the edit mode for the Overview, the expanded or collapsed state of the dropdowns for some items is not read.
- It is possible to focus dates that are not available for some date pickers.
Did you notice any gaps in the accessibility of our digital services? If you did not find a solution to your problem in the accessibility statements, please give us feedback.
If you notice gaps in the accessibility of the website, please contact us first, as we are the service provider. We will reply to all feedback within 14 days if you have provided your contact details to us on the feedback form. If you are not satisfied with the response you have received or you do not receive a response at all within two weeks, you can contact the supervisory authority, which is the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. The website of the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland provides detailed information on how to file a complaint and how it will be processed.
Contact information of the supervisory authority
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Accessibility Monitoring Unit
Tel. 0295 016 000 (switchboard)