You can choose the most convenient way for you to do the card transaction complaint from the below mentioned options.
1. Via Mobile Bank (private customers only)
As Nordea’s private customer you can dispute a card transaction digitally in your Mobile Bank.
- In your Mobile Bank you will find your Nordea cards and under the card actions you can start the dispute.
- You will be guided through creating the dispute. Most of the information is presented and you are asked to provide some additional information. You might be asked for documentation related to the transaction to be disputed.
- After you have submitted the dispute to Nordea we will investigate it and get back to you.
2. Fill in the Claim request -form
- Carefully fill in all the fields on the Claim request -form (pdf, 683 KB)Opens new window and add the necessary attachments* in accordance with the instructions.
- Remember to sign the form. If you submit the form using the Contact button in Omaposti/Netbank, your signature is not needed.
- Submit the form via the Contact button in OmaPosti/Netbank or send it to the address stated on the form.
- Take copies of the card complaint and its attachments for yourself.
*Without the necessary attachments, the complaint processing will be delayed. Attach to the form copies of any material which may prove your right to submit a complaint, such as copies of correspondence between you and the company, your order confirmation, the merchant’s service terms and conditions, receipt, notice of termination, notification you have made to the merchant that you want to withdraw from a regularly made agreement, as you have not specifically accepted the payment obligation related to it (the merchant’s terms and conditions were unclear), or a possible report of an offence.
You can learn more about how the process continues after you have submitted the dispute to Nordea from this PDF (pdf, 1 MB)Opens new window.
Report to the police
If your card has been stolen, remember to report it to the police in person. The police will investigate the offence based on your report. Attach a copy of the report to the card complaint so that the complaint can be processed.
Read Nordea's general card terms and conditions (pdf, 266 KB)Opens new window, especially clause 3: Cardholder's duties and liability. For further information contact Nordea Customer Service.
Remember when making (online) card purchases
Read the merchant’s service terms and conditions with care. In this way, you will avoid committing yourself to continuous and recurring payments you are unaware of. If the agreement is to be made electronically (eg e-commerce), you as a consumer are entitled to receive from the merchant in a clear manner the details mentioned in legislation before accepting the payment transaction. The merchant must also ensure that you specifically accept your payment obligation related to the order. If the company has not ensured in the electronic agreement that you accept your payment obligation, you are entitled to withdraw from the sale. However, you must request the merchant to cancel the sale.
Download the form
Download claim request (pdf, 683 KB)Opens new window