This accessibility statement applies to the housing loan application form and it was published on 15.1.2021 (updated 31.10.2022). The service is subject to the Finnish Act on the Provision of Digital Services, which requires the websites of credit institutions to be accessible. The accessibility of the service has been assessed by Nordea itself.
Accessibility of the digital service
This service is partially compliant with the accessibility requirements. The identified shortcomings are planned to be fixed during 2023, unless otherwise stated. The statement will be updated as issues are resolved.
If you experience any accessibility issues, you can also contact Nordea Customer Service at 0200 70 000. We are open Mon–Fri 8.00–18.00.
The website is not yet fully compliant with the requirements in all respects.
1.1.1 Non-textual content:
- Screen readers will read illustrations.
- The progress indicator does not provide information on which stage the user is in when used with a screen reader.
1.3.1 Info and relationships:
Level 2, and in some places level 3, is missing from the heading hierarchy, which may cause confusion.
- Screen readers will not read some of the subheadings of collapsible menus.
- Screen readers will not read percent signs.
- Some of the tooltips opened from question mark icons are not in a readable/accessible format.
1.4.3 Contrast (Minimum)
- The dropdown menus don’t have a sufficient contrast ratio between background and foreground colours. In addition, the contrast in some buttons is low.
2.1.1 Keyboard, Non-accessible by keyboard:
- Edit buttons on the summary page are non-accessible.
- Some of the elements that can be opened are non-accessible.
3.2.3 Inconsistent navigation between fields:
- Screen readers will not indicate that when the user adds fields to be filled on the page, these fields appear above the focus.
4.1.2 Name, role, value:
- Some ARIA attributes don’t have a value or have an incorrect value.
Did you find accessibility difficulties in our digital services? If you did not find an answer in our accessibility statement regarding the service, please send us feedback.
If you notice accessibility issues with the site, first provide feedback to us, the site administrator. The response can take 14 days. If you are not satisfied with the answer you have received or do not receive a reply at all within two weeks, you can report it to the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland. The website of the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland explains in detail how the notification can be made and how the matter is handled.
Contact details of the supervisory authority
Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland
Accessibility Control Unit
telephone number exchange 0295 016 000