Documents needed for opening an account
- An extract from the trade register, no more than three moths old.
- If you are in the process of forming a limited liability company, the extract from the trade register is replaced by a “formation package”, available at the website of the Finnish Business Information system http://www.ytj.fi/Opens new window. The Memorandum of Association may not be older than three months.
- A decision of the Board of Directors stating the account users is also required; eg as follows:
”It was decided to authorise the below persons to use the account no 123422-12345: [names and personal identity numbers].
- The person opening an account must also present an identity card.
- A company, association and foundation is required to present an extract from the trade register and articles of association. The person who signs an agreement on behalf of a company, association or foundation must be registered in the trade register as a representative authorised to sign for it. Likewise, a person granted the right to use an account must be an authorised representative.
A copy of the minutes of a board meeting is required depending on the company form of the customer:
Limited liability company
- not required if the agreement is signed by persons registered in the trade register as authorised representatives
Housing company and mutual real estate company
- minutes of a board meeting required
General partnership and limited partnership
- not required; signature of one general partner is enough (unless otherwise stated in the company rules)
Association, cooperative and foundation
minutes of a board meeting required