Questions and answers
- What is Google Pay?
Google Pay is the simple and convenient way to pay in stores, online and in-apps using your Android devices.
- Which devices I can use Google Pay with?
Any Android smartphones and tablets running Android Lollipop 5.0 or above. To make in-store payments, your phone also needs to support NFC (Near Field Communication). To check for NFC, look for it in your phone’s Settings app.
- My Android device is Lollipop 5.0 or above, but I encounter problems when using Google Pay. What to do?
We have been reported that some devices might have issues/bugs with Google Pay, in such a case, please contact your device manufacturer.
- How do I add my card on Google Pay?
You have three ways to add your card on Google Pay:
Nordea Digital Mobile
- Download Nordea Digital Mobile
- Click on “Add to Google Pay” and just follow the instructions
- Accept terms and conditions
Through Nordea Wallet
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Nordea Wallet (Google Play)–app and open it.
- Choose your card and click ”Add to Google Pay”
- Follow registration steps and your card details are added.
- Accept the terms & conditions
- Download Google Pay app
Through Google Pay
- Download Google Pay from Google Play an open it
- Click “+ Payment method” button on the payment –tab and just follow the instructions.
- Accept Terms & Conditions
- Confirm registration in the Nordea Wallet –app
- Do I need to download Google Pay -app to make payments with Google Pay?
Google Pay can be used without Google Pay -app. However, if you want to e.g. change your default card, you need the application so it is recommended to be installed.
- Where I can pay with Google Pay?
You can pay with your Android Phone at hundreds of thousands of merchants. Easily pay wherever contactless payments are accepted. You can also use Google Pay in many of your favorite apps. Just look for the Buy with Google Pay button. You can see the apps that accept Google Pay on the Google Play Store.
- How do I pay with Google Pay?
When paying in-store:
- For low value payments (under NFC limit) you just need to hold your device near the contactless payment terminal. For high value payments (exceeding NFC limit) you need to unlock your device and hold it near the terminal. No need to open the app.
- Hold the back of your device near the contactless payment terminal and wait for the blue checkmark.
When paying within apps:
With Google Pay, you can check out in hundreds of apps without having to enter your payment information. Catch a ride, order takeout, or get tickets to that just-announced show with the simple press of a button. Just look for the Buy with Google Pay button.
- Do I need internet connection when paying in-store using Google Pay?
You don’t need. Paying is executed through payment terminals that support traditional contactless card payments. Just look for the contactless payment -symbol.
- Which payment cards I can use with Google Pay?
All Nordea consumer cards are available for Google Pay, as well as the corporate card Nordea First Card. For Finland also: Nordea Business Mastercard and Business Visa and the co-branded consumer cards Stockmann, Finnair Plus and Tuohi.
- Can I pay with Google Pay if I don't have a NFC enabled cards?
Yes. With Google Pay you can also use your cards that don’t support NFC payments.
- How do I confirm payment?
You don’t specifically need to confirm your payment when paying in store – just open your phone and hold it close to the terminal.
When paying online follow the instructions when using Google Pay at the checkout.
- How does Google Pay differ from traditional NFC paying?
You can also pay purchases exceeding (Norway: NOK 200,- Finland: EUR2 5, Sweden: SEK 200, Denmark: DKK 350,-) Just unlock your phone and hold it near the contactless payment terminal. No need to verify each payment separately as long as the phone is unlocked.
- How do I know that the payment was successful?
Payment terminal lets you know when your payment has been accepted. In online, payment process is finished when you see the notification of accepted payment.
- Where and when payment is executed?
Your payments are charged similarly as when paying with your card. You will see your purchases immediately in your application.
- Can I use Google Pay with my rooted Android device?
Unfortunately, Google Pay won’t work on a rooted device.
- How secure is Google Pay?
When you use your phone to pay in stores, Google Pay doesn’t send your actual credit or debit card number with your payment. Instead, a virtual account number is used to represent your information – so your card details stay safe.
- I have a loyalty scheme attached to my card. Am I able to collect points also when paying with mobile?
Unfortunately, in most cases Google Pay doesn’t support Nordic loyalty schemes attached to payment cards. However, this is dependent if the company providing loyalty scheme has developed a separate solution for this. Please ask your loyalty scheme provider for more information.
- What should I do if my phone gets lost?
Android Device Manager ( www.google.com/android/devicemanager ) will help you find, lock, and erase your phone. Also, you can simply search “Find my phone” and Google will show you where it is on a map. There’s no need to cancel your credit card.
In addition, please remember that Nordea 24/7 Customer Service is always ready to help you if your phone or card is lost.