Questions and answers about LAKS Pay
- 1. How can I order a LAKS wearable?
LAKS wearables can be ordered from the LAKS Pay online store at laks.com.
- Choose and pay for the wearable you want. Please note that you need to link the wearable to a payment card before it can be delivered to you.
- So remember to link your Nordea Mastercard to your LAKS wearable when making your order. Note that you can only link one Nordea Mastercard, such as Nordea Gold, to one LAKS wearable. The card details can’t be changed later. Please note that a combination card includes two cards. The number of your credit card is printed on the front side of the card. The number of your debit card is on the lower left corner on the back of your card.
- LAKS Pay will deliver the wearable you ordered by post. Although your Nordea Mastercard is linked to your LAKS wearable, you need to activate the wearable before you can start making payments with it. Once you have received your wearable, activate it in Nordea Wallet.
- 2. Can I use my LAKS wearable right after I have received it?
First you need to activate the wearable. You can do this in the Nordea Wallet app or by calling Nordea Customer Service, tel +358 200 70 000.
- 3. How do I activate my LAKS wearable?
Your LAKS wearable needs to be activated in both your Nordea Wallet app and the Manage-Mii app.
- You can activate your LAKS wearable in Nordea Wallet or by calling Nordea Customer Service, tel +358 200 70 000. You will see LAKS Pay wearable named as "Universal Smart Cards Limited" in the app.
- Download and install the Manage-Mii app to your phone from App Store or Play Store. Log in to the app with the same email address you used to order your wearable. You will need a separate password for Manage-Mii. If you forget your password, you can reset it using the “Forgot password” feature in the app.
Note that you need to activate your LAKS wearable before you can start making payments with it.
- 4. Why do I need to install the Manage-Mii app too?
Manage-Mii allows you to track the payments you make with your wearable and reset your wearable every time your payments reach a total of 100 euros. The connection to the Manage-Mii app ensures that no one else will be able to use your wearable if you lose it.
- 5. Is it safe to pay with a LAKS wearable?
Yes. LAKS wearables are secured by the same technology as contactless payment cards and mobile payment apps, such as Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- 6. Can I link any Nordea card to my LAKS wearable?
LAKS wearables only work with a Mastercard. You can link any Mastercard issued by Nordea to your wearable, including a Stockmann Mastercard, Finnair Plus Mastercard or Tuohi Mastercard. If your Mastercard is a combination card, you can choose whether you want to link your debit or credit card to your wearable.
- 7. What should I do if I lose my LAKS wearable?
You can block your wearable temporarily in the ManageMii app or by calling Nordea Customer Service or the card blocking service.
- 8. What should I do if the card linked to my LAKS wearable gets lost or stolen?
Contact Nordea’s card blocking service.
- 9. Where can I pay with my LAKS wearable?
LAKS wearables work globally with all payment terminals that support contactless payments. Payments with your wearable are based on NFC technology, which enables contactless payments. NFC is commonly used in smartphones, for example, to transfer data when devices are brought into close proximity with each other.
- 10. Will my card’s security settings also apply to my LAKS wearable?
Yes. The same security limits (such as geographical restrictions) that have been set for your physical card also apply to your LAKS wearable.