Critical illness cover to protect yourself and your family's finances
Critical illness cover makes your everyday life easier when life changes dramatically. The insurance indemnity makes it possible for you to concentrate on getting well.
Why take out critical illness cover?
- A long sick leave may cut your earnings by as much as half, so you may struggle to cope with daily expenses. The situation may be even more difficult if you manage your family’s finances alone or have an irregular income.
- The insurance covers eight different illnesses or treatment measures. We will pay the tax-exempt indemnity to you right after the required diagnosis or treatment measure has been made.
- You can use the indemnity any way you like; for instance, for medical treatment costs or loan repayments. The indemnity could also enable you to return to working life without your income level dropping unreasonably.
- You can choose whatever amount of indemnity you want. If you buy the insurance online, the indemnity can be 10 000–300 000 euros.
- You can increase your insurance cover by 15% or 25% by exercising. A unique benefit at Nordea only!
- Act in time, as you won't be insured unless you have an insurance policy. If you have been diagnosed with an illness before you buy the insurance, it does not automatically stop you from getting the insurance as it is often possible to issue it with coverage limits.