- Go over your bank accounts. Close any unused accounts. Taking care of your finances will be easier with a smaller number of accounts.
- Keep only the funds you will need during the month in your current account.
- Transfer any surplus cash each month to accounts that offer a higher return or choose other investment options.
- Make use of direct debit or e-invoice in paying your bills. They are the most convenient and affordable ways to pay your bills.
- Go over all your loans: housing loans, student loans, credit cards and consumer credits.
- If you need a loan, compare the prices.
- Consider if you really need a loan for smaller purchases. Perhaps you could save and postpone the purchase.
- It is usually cheaper to buy in cash than on credit or hire purchase. Cash buyers often get a cash discount and can even negotiate the price.
- Go over all your insurance policies: home insurance, life insurance, accident insurance, car and travel insurance etc. Do you have sufficient cover or are there overlaps?
- Check that you are benefiting from the group insurance contracts negotiated by trade unions and associations.
- Nordea's credit cards include insurance cover.
- When you are taking out insurance, compare the insurers and check the coverage and prices. Also consider any discounts you may be entitled to.
Neuvoja lainoista ja luotoista
Choosing Nordea for all your banking will be worth your while.
You can balance your finances by calculating your regular income and expenses.