Frequently asked questions about Loans and credit
- I am planning to buy a home. How can I make sure that I get a housing loan when I find a home that I like?
The first thing you should do is assess your income and expenses. Find out what you can afford: how much money can you spend on housing each month without having to cut corners elsewhere? Use the Budget calculator (in Finnish).
If you have access codes, Netbank is the handiest way to file in an application for a loan promise or housing loan. The application form is available in Netbank under Loans/Housing loan/Housing loan application.
If you do not yet have Nordea's access codes, you can fill in a housing loan application.
We can set up a convenient online meeting to discuss your housing loan options. All you need is a computer with an Internet connection, a telephone and Nordea's access codes, and you can negotiate loan matters in the privacy of your home. To set up an online meeting, call Nordea Customer Service, tel. +358 200 70 000.
You can also visit one of our branches and discuss your needs. We will calculate various alternatives and make a loan application with you. You should book an appointment for a loan discussion by calling Nordea Customer Service, or leave a contact request and we will call you.
- I am planning to build a house. What are the things I should consider from a financial perspective?
Well-planned financing and a realistic estimate of costs are crucial when embarking on a building project.
See our service for customers building a house at kotionline.fi/nordeaOpens new window. The site has lots of information designed to help you complete your building project (only in Finnish). The site also features a cost calculator which helps you to calculate the overall cost of yourfuture project.
- I would like to buy my first home but I do not yet have any savings. What should I do?
As a rule, you will need to save 10% of the price of the home you will buy or you will need other additional security to get a housing loan.
If you are aged between 15 and 39, we recommend that you open an ASP account. When you save at least 10% of the price of your home into the account, we will lend you the rest. An ASP loan is composed of an interest-subsidised loan and a possible additional loan. The security will consist of the home you purchase and a partial state guarantee.
Our OwnGuarantee can help you to purchase your own home with even smaller initial capital. It will covert the share of your own financing or of the additional security up to 95%. You need to cover the remaining 5% either with your own savings or a personal guarantee, for example.
For further information, call Nordea Customer Service 0200 70 000 or visit your nearest Nordea branch. You can also leave a contact request, and we will contact you.
- How can I change the repayment schedule of my housing loan?
If you have Nordea's access codes, the quickest way to apply for the change is in Netbank with the repayment schedule change form.
You can also apply for the change at a Nordea branch. Book an appointment at a branch by calling Nordea Customer Service 0200 70 000.
You will be charged a fee set in the tariff for the change to your housing loan's repayment schedule.
- I am buying a car. How can I apply for a car loan?
A convenient and quick solution is to apply for FlexiCredit.
If you have Nordea's access codes, you can apply for FlexiCredit in Netbank or by calling Nordea Customer Service 0200 70 000.
Of course you can also visit a branch or leave a contact request.