Frequently asked questions
Frequently asked questions about the Siirto
- How swiftly will money be transferred between banks?
Money will be transferred between Siirto users’ bank accounts and will be available to the beneficiary immediately.
- Can I send money even if I don’t know the beneficiary’s account number?
Yes, it is enough that you know the beneficiary’s mobile phone number.
- What do I need to use the app?
- You need a smartphone with an Android or iOS operating system
- Nordea Codes app
- A bank account for payments
- Is my account balance shown in the service always up to date?
The balance is automatically updated when your phone is connected to the Internet.
- I have more than one phone number in use (for example, my employer’s and my personal number), can I register both of them?
At first, Nordea will support one phone number per user, but in the future you will be able to register several phone numbers.
- What kind of information will the counterparty see about me when I pay to him/her?
The recipient will see the sender’s official name and phone number.
- My phone number changed and I have a new number. What should I do?
You can change your phone number in the app’s settings.
- Can I use the Siirto app on several phones/devices?
You can use the same user profile on more than one device (the one and the same account number and phone number).
- What should I do if I lose my phone?
Contact Nordea Customer Service.
Alternatively, download the app on another phone (with a different number) and upload the Siirto app. The former Siirto app stops functioning.
- Is it safe to use Nordea Pay?
If you suspect that your password or other means of identification have fallen into the wrong hands, you must report this to Nordea without delay.