When can I make an inquiry request?
You can make a card debit inquiry, ie a claim concerning card transactions, to Nordea if
- You notice card purchases and/or ATM withdrawals on your account statement which you have not made
- a card purchase you have made has been debited twice
- you have not received goods or services ordered with the card
- the product you have received is faulty.
First try to solve the matter directly with the service provider
Always contact the merchant first if the matter you want complain about concerns the merchant's breach of contract, such as:
- a transaction has been debited twice
- you have not received the products you have ordered or
- the product does not correspond to your order.
Please note that:
- Car rental firms are entitled to charge unpaid refills and fines in arrears.
- Hotels are entitled to charge unpaid minibar purchases in arrears. All hotel reservations made over the Internet do not include a cancellation right, and hotels have the right to charge the price of one overnight stay as a "no-show" charge.
Submit a claim to Nordea if you cannot settle the matter with the merchant. Attach a copy of the correspondence (eg hotel room cancellation number) to the claim form.
Filling in the claim form
If you cannot settle the matter with the company, fill in a Claim/Inquiry request (pdf, 1 MB). Send it to the address stated on the form immediately after you have detected an unclear transaction on your account statement. You can also fill in the form at one of our branches.
To be able to process your inquiry, it is important that we get enough information on what has happened.
- Fill in the form in detail. The form must include the cardholder's information and signature.
- Submit a report of an offence personally to the police if your card has been stolen or misused. The police will investigate the offence based on your report. Attach a copy of the report to the claim form.
- If you wish, describe the incident in more detail in the Additional information field.
- Attach to the form copies of any material which may prove your right to submit a claim, eg copies of correspondence between you and the company, the confirmation of order, receipt and report of an offence.
- Take copies of the claim form and its attachments for yourself.