Apple Pay - Frequently asked questions
- What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is the easy, secure and private way to pay using your iPhone, Apple watch, iPad or Mac. It’s a service from Apple that allows you to make card payments in stores, within apps and online.
- On what devices can I use Apple Pay?
iPhone (iOS 11+)
iPhone 8 plus
iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone 6 Plus
Apple Watch Series 3
Apple Watch Series 2
Apple Watch Series 1
Apple Watch (1st generation)
iPad (5th generation)
iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
iPad Pro (9.7-inch)
iPad Air 2
iPad mini 4
iPad mini 3
MacBook Pro with Touch ID
A Mac model introduced in 2012 or later with an Apple Pay-enabled iPhone or Apple Watch
- Where can I use Apple Pay?
In stores: Look for the contactless card symbol at the payment terminal. You can also use Apple Pay in many apps and online. In apps and websites: Look for the "Pay with Apple Pay" button or “Apple Pay as a payment method".
- How secure is Apple Pay?
Your card number is never stored on your device or Apple servers nor shared with merchants. Apple Pay uses a device-specific number and unique transaction code for each purchase. Every transaction is authorized with your Touch ID.
- How many cards can be added to Apple Pay?
Eight unique cards can be added to each device. The same card can be added to several devices. Passes (e.g. tickets, boarding cards, vouchers etc.) are separate and not included as part of the eight cards. Please note that combo cards includes two cards which both can be separately activated.
- How do I add my cards and activate Apple Pay?
If you use the Mobile Bank app or the Nordea Pay Wallet app, go to “my cards". Then chose the card you want to add, tap “add to Apple Pay” and follow the instructions. Confirm with Code app.
To activate through Apple Wallet, tap the Wallet icon, add your card to Apple Wallet, verify via Nordea Pay and Code app or via Customer Support.
- How do I pay with Apple Pay?
- In shops: Simply hold your iPhone near the contactless card terminal with your finger on the Touch ID. With Apple Watch, just double click the side button and hold Apple Watch to the reader.
- In apps and on the web with iPhone and iPad: Select Apple Pay as the payment method and place your finger on Touch ID.
- On Mac: Choose Apple Pay and complete the purchase on your iPhone or Apple Watch.
- Do I need an Internet connection when I pay in stores with Apple Pay?
No, it works on contactless card terminals. Just look for the contactless card symbol.
- Do I need to pay for Apple Pay?
No, it’s free for Nordea private customers and Nordea Finance customers.
- Can I take Apple Pay into use even if I am not a Nordea nor Nordea Finance customer?
You can start using Apple Pay by becoming our customer, applying for a Nordea card and downloading the Nordea Codes app.
If you already have Stockmann Mastercard, Finnair Plus Mastercard or TUOHI Mastercard, all you need to do is download the Nordea Pay app and identify yourself with the online banking codes you have from your bank. Then just tap “Add to Apple Wallet” and you’re ready to go.