Check-in for 18-28-year-olds
Check-in Customers learn to take care of their finances and get substantial discounts on Nordea's banking and insurance services.
As a Check-in Customer, you get valuable discounts on Nordea’s banking and insurance services. Your benefits on products and services include:
- Nordea Electron and Nordea Debit card free of charge
- Free online access codes for using Netbank and Mobile Bank
- Lower arrangement fee on a housing loan
Check-in insurance package, which includes travel, home and accident insurance
Our expert advisers provide practical tips on how to manage your daily finances and help you cope with major changes in your circumstances. For practical tips on how to manage your daily finances, follow our team specialising in advising young customers on Snapchat at @NordeaSuomi.
Planning your finances? Starting your studies? Financing your studies? Moving into own home? As our Check-in Customer, you get personal high-quality advice at our Customer Service. If you would like to be contacted by one of our experts specialising in advising young customers, please leave a request for contact by clicking the 'Sign up as a Check-in Customer' link above or call our Customer Service, tel 0200 70 000.
You can manage your finances easily with a mobile device. Mobile Bank and our code app allow you to handle your banking securely. The code app also enables secure payment of online purchases and identification in services offered by other service providers. The Nordea Codes app can be downloaded to iPhones, Android phones and Windows Phones and to Android tablets and iPads from the relevant app stores.
After your 29th birthday, your Check-in Customer status will end and you will be transferred to Nordea’s Customer Programme. This guarantees that you will always get the best benefits corresponding to your customer status.
Check-in Customers get valuable discounts on Nordea’s banking and insurance services. Check-in also includes products and services that make your life a little bit easier.
Payments and everyday banking services
- Nordea Electron, Nordea Debit and access codes for free
- New Nordea Credit free of charge for the first year and after that at a 25% discount*). If you are a student, you can get a Nordea Credit with a credit limit of 1,500 euros when you have completed at least 90 credits at a Finnish higher education institution, university or university of applied sciences. If you are a Check-in Customer and at least 20 years old, you are eligible, without any study credit restrictions, for Nordea Credit with a fixed credit limit of 500 euros.
- Student loan with lower arrangement fee
Finding a home
- Opening of a rental security deposit account for free
- Housing loan and ASP loan with lower arrangement fee
Realise your plans through saving
- Investor's service in Netbank for free for the first six months
- Subscriptions to Nordea funds made under a savings agreement even free of charge
Easy, affordable and comprehensive insurance for our 18–28-year-old customers.
- You will get travel, home and accident insurance in one package. The Check-in package is up to 20% cheaper than the corresponding products ordered separately. The price of the package varies slightly depending on the customer's age and place of residence.
Check-in insurance is granted by If P&C Insurance Company Ltd, and Nordea Bank AB (publ), Finnish Branch acts as its agent.
- Account alerts to your mobile phone at a 50% discount
- Exchange of currency without a service fee
You can have a credit card from us right after you have been accepted as a university student. We would like to bring flexibility to your life by providing you with a credit card right after you have started your studies at one of the Finnish universities or universities of applied sciences. As you progress in your studies and your needs increase, you may apply for a raise to your credit limit.
- You are entitled to a Nordea Credit card with a credit limit of 500 euros after you have started your studies at a university or university of applied sciences.
- When you have completed 90 study credits at a university or university of applied sciences, you are entitled to a credit card with a credit limit of 1,500 euros or you may raise the credit limit of your existing credit card up to 1,500 euros.
|Current account, monthly fee||0,00 €||2,00 €|
|Access codes, monthly fee
||0,00 €||3,00 €|
|Balance alert, sent||0,20 €||0,40 €|
|Nordea Electron, monthly fee||0,00 €||2,50 €|
|Nodea Debit, monthly fee||0,00 €||2,00 €|
|Nordea Credit, monthly fee||3,25 €||4,30 €|
|Nordea Credit, annual fee||39,00 €||52,00 €|
|Saver's service*)||0 € per month||4,00 € per month|
|Subscriptions to Nordea funds on the basis of a savings agreement||0 %
of the amount of the subscription
|0 - 1 %
of the amount of the subscription
|First drawdown on a new student loan **)||10,00 €
|Arrangement fee for a housing loan||200 €||0,4 %; 300 € minimum
|Opening of a rental security deposit account||0,00 €||40,00 €|
*) The first 6 months, after which the normal price is charged.
**) Requires that the customer has made a drawdown agreement.