Take the Nordea Codes app into use
Brief instructions on how to activate the app:
- Download the Codes app from your mobile device's app store.
- When you have downloaded the app, start the activation process of the code app in Netbank.
- When you have confirmed that you will start using the app, you will receive the app's activation code in Netbank's Mail and a temporary PIN code by regular mail within 2–5 days. You will need both codes to activate the Codes app.
- When you have received the letter containing the temporary PIN, you can activate the Codes app in your mobile device.
NB! Only one activation code is valid at a time. If you order a new activation code in the Netbank, the previous activation code will be invalidated. If you want to use the code app on multiple mobile devices, finish first the activation on one device, before ordering in Netbank a new activation code for the next device.
How to activate the app in Corporate Classic Netbank
1. Log into Netbank and click 'Settings' in the upper right-hand corner. Now select 'Access codes'.
2. Click the 'Activate the Nordea Codes app' link.
3. Name also the mobile device to which you are going to install the app. This way it will be easy to close the app if necessary. For example, the name can be Toms iPad.
Confirm that you will start using the Codes app with a confirmation code from the code card.
4. After the confirmation, you will receive the app's activation code in Netbank's Mail. You will receive a temporary PIN code by regular mail within 2–5 banking days.
After you have received the temporary PIN code, you can continue to activate the app in your mobile device. You will need both the activation code and the temporary PIN code to activate the app.
How to activate the app in mobile
1. Open the Codes app in your mobile device.
2. Select the language in which you want to use the code app. You can change the language in the code app's menu after you have activated the app.
3. If you have not yet confirmed in Netbank that you want to start using the app, do it now. Instructions you can find in the app.
If you have already done the confirmation in Netbank, click Next.
4. Enter the activation code you received in Netbank's Mail and click Next. Write the activation code down on paper, if necessary. The activation code is a single-use code.
5. Enter your temporary PIN code which you received by letter and click Next.
NB! If you click Cancel, you will be transferred to the first activation step. As the activation code is single-use, you will need a new activation code and a temporary PIN code in order to continue. Start the activation process in Netbank again and you will receive a new activation code.
6. Now create your own personal PIN code for the code app. The PIN code is permanent and you can change it after the activation from the app's menu, if you want to.
When you enter the last digit of the four-digit PIN code, the app will automatically transfer you to step 7.
7. Re-enter the PIN code you have created and click Next.
8. Give a name to your user account, your own name, for example, and click Next.
The name may contain 3 to 12 characters but no numbers.
NB! If you click Cancel, you will be transferred to the first activation step. As the activation code is single-use, you will need a new activation code in order to continue.
9. The app is ready for use. Read the security instructions and click Continue.
10. The code app is available to you in the same services you have so far used with the code card. You can now close the app.
NB. Your code card is still valid. Remember to take good care of it. If necessary, you can use the code card alongside the app if your mobile device is broken or if you have lost it. You can choose the login method in the service you intend to use.