Weecos.com is a unique online marketplace with its range of sustainable design products. This range is the largest in the Nordic countries. Its offering already includes over 260 independent brands from Finland and abroad. Weecos.com will change at the beginning of the new year and it will then be one of the world's first marketplaces where the customer can filter and select products based on sustainable values. Weecos is now seeking funding in the amount of EUR 300,000 with Invesdor crowdfunding for international expansion and R&D.
Weecos in brief:
- Weecos was established in 2012. The markets clearly had a need for a marketplace where the high-quality products of sustainable brands would be easily available allowing customers to purchase products and services corresponding to their values reliably all across the world. The mission of Weecos is to promote the change in consumption and to build a better future with inspiring brands.
- In 2017, Weecos’ growth amounted to 84%.
- There is demand for Weecos and the brands belonging to it on the global markets. The speedy growth of the markets, the digitalisation of the trading sector and the ongoing growth of significant and responsible consumption have increased demand abroad.
- At present, the Weecos’ tribe includes over 260 brands, 11,000 people subscribe to their newsletter, it has over 21,000 Facebook followers and over 11,000 Instagram followers. Weecos is visited 100,000 times on average each month and on the average, thousand to three thousand purchases are made monthly. In 2017, the total value of products purchased via Weecos was over EUR 2 million and over 500,000 unique/new visitors visited the marketplace. The range of products has grown to include almost 7,000 products from over 260 brands.
- Weecos has an auditing process for sustainability criteria developed with experts, which each brand has passed.
Weecos has concluded a significant agreement with the international venture capital company Custos Group. Custos invests in young companies that want to revolutionise their own market with the help of a digital service. The agreement with Custos will give Weecos access to their ecosystem, which includes, among other things, expert help in creating and implementing a go-to-market strategy.
The goal for 2019–2021 is to open markets in Sweden, the rest of Northern Europe and the US.